Powered by Blogger.

my november favorites

Hi all! I know it's been so long but it's been a beautiful week where I've had some free time off of class so I've been feeling refreshed, inspired, and truly happy :-) I know I don't do this often (or at all actually on this blog) so I've decided to curate together my previous monthly favorites of little accessories, trends, and plainly what I've been loving. Here's a list of my tip-toppity favorites:

1. Travel accessories / bags / travel wear


I've been traveling around quite a lot recently, but it's always been short trips; sleepover at the boyfriend's, going back home, going away for a weekend. I struggled when it came to finding the perfect 'travel' bag. I found that this Scaramanga bag was absolutely perfect for fitting an outfit, my makeup bag, and other random things like chargers, Chapstick, and my wallet (a bra would be nice too) plus it's beautiful and I seriously adore the brown, Autumn-y leather. Keep your eyes out for a giveaway coming soon ;-)

2. TrendsBandanas + High Boots + that 70s look


After I finally found some old bandana's in my mom's closet, I was too happy because bandanas/tie chokers/skinny scarves have been a huge trend this past Autumn and even hanging around for this coming winter. For the warmer days when I can show a little neck, I adore tying a bandana around it for those vintage vibes. Thigh-high boots are also a new style that everyone's getting into-mine are by Steve Madden but you can literally find them anywhere (for good prices too).
I might actually do a styling photoset of how to style high boots (cause I know it can be tricky) so if you'd like that let me know!

3. Taking care of your skin + being cozy & pretty in lingerie

After walking into & Other Stories, I got really inspired by their body and skin care. I succumbed to buying a $18 body oil because my skin gets so dry during the winter I knew it was going to be a really good idea. And, thankfully, I'm completely addicted to it. I'm going to try some other scents but after a shower nothing gets me moisturized more than their Nainsook body oil. (Pictured left) I've also always been obsessed with Lush's Lettuce facial. I keep it in the fridge and it's so cold and refreshing to put on when you're having a lazy night in with tea. With all this being said, by having my body taken care of, I've been really into buying pretty panties and lingerie and things. For Love & Lemons got me addicted. I'm seriously such a fan.


4. Being organized 




With starting my first year at college, I think it's safe to say that being organized and keeping on top of your shit is literally the hardest part about being successful and getting your work done. I've started keeping to do lists and just lists in general; what I need to get grocery shopping, what I have to pack for that trip. When my boyfriend and I went to that upstate New York getaway, I literally used a notebook to plan each and every single one of my outfits out. Call it anal, but I love it.
Notebook: An Organized Life - Diary - anorganisedlife.com

5. Pinterest

Okay, I know what you guys are thinking: Pinterest is for mom's 30 years old and up. But I don't even think it's like that anymore. I'm so obsessed with Pinterest and it's truly a major source of inspiration. It's great if you're into DIY and recipes, but honestly I look at it as a virtual goal space. I love creating boards with every single little thing I love in life (bicycles, breakfast) and my photographer and I use it to create secret inspiration boards for our upcoming shoots. If you're interested, follow me on Pinterest here!

Random favorites:
Song: Anything by The Head and the Heart
Food: Nachos
Drink: Even more obsessed with cappuccinos than I ever have before. Insane?
Book: None :'( haven't gotten the chance to free time read
Instagram: @4thandbleeker
Lazy outfit: Christmas patterned pajamas, oversized sweatshirt, cozy slippers
Activity: Exploring & photographing!

Hope you liked babes! Maybe I'll start doing this every month :-) Let me know!

Xoxo,
Kiki


2 comments