Powered by Blogger.

the spring issue

Even though it is frigidly cold in New York City, I have been cleaning and organizing through my closets and revamping my room to make way for the upcoming Spring season. I am so, so excited, mainly because Spring is like a time of rebirth; everyone crawls out of their New York City caves, restaurants move seating outside into the sun, and it can finally be time to whip out backless loafers, purely white, ruffled shirts, and cutesy dresses. Though we still have ways to go, this upcoming shift has me feeling inspired. Today I bought some flowers while grocery shopping, changed my sheets, and I finally feel fresh again.



Also, yes I bought those crazy shoes to inspire my spring wardrobe. I've honestly never bought a 'statement' pair of shoes before. I can't wait to bust them out when the weather becomes warmer. They are a metallic-y rose gold color and reflect sunlight like I've never seen a pair of shoes do before. No shoe shining needed here (from Zara).


Also, if you're looking for a fresh scent for your home, I recommend Diptyque's Figuier. It literally makes my room smell like fresh flowers, figs (of course), and freshness. I recommend 100%. I am also so into straw lately (straw bags, straw hats) and this one from Lack of Color is my favorite. I recently ordered an Etsy straw bag that I can't wait to show you guys! In case you're wondering, the pretty lacey bralette is from Chantelle and the gold-bracelet bag is from Frankie

Skincare-wise, I definitely want to try more products by Fresh because rose is my ultimate favorite scent and they have so many rose-scented products. Aromas aside, my friend recommended them to me and said I needed to try their products ASAP. So I decided I should definitely give them a go. I recently purchased their Rose Cleansing Foam and fell in love. I also hope to explore more into Aesop because they are such a beautiful and wholesome brand. 

Even though this post is pretty blush themed (me...blush themed??) I have been loving red and whites and blacks and greys and browns. I hope to stick with that color palette, while incorporating some spring tones, into my wardrobe! Tomorrow I plan on having some spring outfits up on here so stay tuned! What are you feeling for spring?

Xoxo,
Christie


8 comments

  1. Such beautiful pictures, very inspiring!
    x
    StephC

    http://sstephcc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my inspiration. Where do you find your inspiration and who is your style muse???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I usually find inspiration through Tumblr and who I follow on Instagram. I absolutely looove Parisian style so my style inspirations are Camille Rowe, @adenorah on Instagram, Jeanne Damas, Lucy Williams, Alexa Chung...I also really love Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen hehe

      Delete
  3. Where did you get those shoes?? I'm in love <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah sorry I forgot to say, editing that now! They are from Zara!

      Delete
  4. Spring is fresh and rebirth time of the year like you said. And shoes are looking so beautiful. I hope you can enjoy your time and have good days ❤️ I really like your Parisien style..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these inspiring pictures!

    ReplyDelete