Powered by Blogger.

reflecting on 2017

A discussion about growth and the new year.














This past year has been absolutely amazing for me. I know I always say this, but I constantly feel so blessed and lucky about where I am, who I am surrounded by, and just everything that I have experienced thus far. I am so thankful for all of you and I still can't believe I am living out my dream of living in New York, studying fashion, and doing fashion photography as a career. I can't believe I have gone to Paris twice and traveled other places that I've never been to before, and appeared on Into the Gloss and The File. I signed with my new talent agency that I absolutely love. Adam and I are doing amazing as well, I love him so much. My apartment is finally almost to where I want it to be interior-wise. But then again, there's always more to improve on...

I don't want to focus too much on the past or talk about all that has happened because you guys have seen it all, but I do want to say that I cannot wait for 2018 and all it has to offer. I cannot wait for more of inspiration and more of shaping my style, my career, my future. I want to try even harder with my blog, do big shoots at least once every week, as well as re-launch my Youtube channel. Not saying all of this will come true right away, but I promise you it will definitely be a big focus. I already got a new camera that I am ready to take with me everywhere to photograph anything that may inspire me. I want to start incorporating just more fashion and lifestyle overall, and focusing on things that make me happy, since it's not all about the likes or the numbers. This year has definitely taught me that, and I am so thankful for it. I also want to talk to you guys more and have deeper conversations about life, about issues. I truly want to grow in all facets of life. I don't want to make this too long, but please let me know what you are looking forward to in 2018, whether it be small to-do's or life changes. I'd love to hear it all. And, as always, feel free to let me know what you'd like to see from me in the New Year! It's going to be a good one for all, I can feel it ♡


9 comments

  1. Hi Christie!!
    I am so happy for you. Honestly, following you is one of the main things in my life that keeps me feeling motivated and trying to stay creative. This year has been a roller coaster personally for me and I fear that I am losing my creative motivation and ability. I go to FIDM out in LA and just started the Bachelor program for business management (I received my A.A. in Merchandise Marketing prior to this). I absolutely loved the marketing program because of the endless creativity. However, with this new bachelor program, I feel like the life is being sucked out of me. It's not creative at all. I've been taking financial accounting and chemistry and statistics.. YUCK! I know these subjects are important because I do want my own business one day, but I am absolutely hating it.
    I guess the reason I'm writing to you is because you are just always so inspiring to me and have been from the very beginning since I first found you on Tumblr and then followed you on Instagram back in the day! I was just wondering if you could share any tips about how you stay so creative and motivated all the time? I would truly appreciate your help to get me back on my creative flow and loving life again.
    Sorry this message is so long! Have a good day :')

    Xoxo,
    Riley Capritto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Riley!

      Oh, thank you so much first of all! You have no idea how much this made me happy. I am sorry that your year has been rough, and though I did share that my year has been great, there were definitely some ups and downs for me too. Congratulations on FIDM! I know how it feels to be taking classes that don't inspire you. Because I'm doing a business degree as well, I am stuck taking classes like math, financing, economics, etc. The way I stay motivated is by constantly surrounding myself with inspiration, be that in my work space (my apartment), or with tons of magazines, books, and of course Pinterest and Tumblr. I try to get my school work done as soon as possible, and then I'll go on my computer and brain storm new shoot ideas, re-pin images that inspire me, and then of course take photos that I've been wanting to take! It's all about surrounding yourself and immersing yourself in it. Of course inspiration-less days will always happen, but don't let them get you down. Watch a movie or read a book that really fills you with happiness and you'll be back on the ball again!

      I hope to actually do a post about finding inspiration soon. Let me know if this would be helpful!!!!!

      Much love!
      Christie

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh, your reply made me so happy hehe! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, I truly appreciate it :') I will definitely take your advice about the different ways to stay inspired.

      It would be so cool if you could make a blog post about this!! You could maybe show/create like different mood boards from your pinterest of where you get photo shoot ideas, fashion & makeup inspo, and you could also list different movies/books/magazines too! That would be super fun to read hehe.

      Again, thank you for responding. I know you are always on the go, so it truly warms my heart that you responded to my novel of a comment. I hope 2018 is going well for you so far!

      xoxo,
      Riley :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that it has been an awesome year for you, that's great. I wish you a wonderful 2018 too.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, wishing you a wonderful 2018 as well ♥️

      Delete
  3. Happy new year Christie, loved this post; great as always. Here's to 2018!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Thank you so much! Sending you positive vibes!!!!

      Delete
  4. I also want to work harder in my blog, and I can´t wait for you to relaunch your Youtube channel, because I love watching your videos!!
    Happy New Year love!

    https://justohana.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Best of luck on your blog, I'm sure you'll do great :)

      Delete