Powered by Blogger.

how to de-stress

Hi all ❤︎ I wanted to do this post because I know that we are all feeling extremely vulnerable in these insane times. It has been such a stressful, sad week and I know we can all benefit from comfort and relaxing right now. I decided to gather some tips on how to de-stress and what to do if you want to untangle and take a day for yourself. You most definitely deserve it.

When there's so much going on and when we have anxiety, we tend to neglect our bodies and we might even forget to eat or drink water. But, this ends up taking a terrible toll because when we are stressed, our body is using up even more energy. It is really important to nourish with nice foods, veggies, and water because it is when our body really needs it. Make a smoothie, have an apple, drink extra water. We need to pay attention to what our bodies are telling us and what we are neglecting in that moment. It will also make you feel better not only physically, but mentally as well. Like I talked about in my 'tips for confidence' post, it is just always so important to listen to your body and soul. Especially during a hectic time ❤︎ also other little tips to help include taking a bath, giving yourself little massages, having green tea, and taking care of your skin. 

Reading, whether it be an actual book or through social media, can really help during stressful times. Having your favorite book to take you away from the world a little is always so nice, especially in a bath or after a nice shower. Read your favorite novel, watch your favorite movie, and feel happiness. Get connected to it.  Also, though it really depends on how you feel, I know there is so much going on in social media that it might be smart to take a little break from it and focus on the little activities that give you happiness. Almost like ignorance is bliss in a way. Or, if reading social media makes you feel better, do it! It really depends on what you prefer :-) I just know that, not even during this specific time, social media can sometimes make us even more stressed. Technology is always a good thing to take our minds away from time to time. 

Take a hot shower, slip into your favorite pajamas, have some water, and snuggle into bed with your laptop or book or journal. I know this is something so simple, but feeling comfy/cozy will make your mind feel so relaxed. It is great to unwind at night like this. It will make your body feel serene too. Open your window, get a little fresh air. Clear your mind of those negative thoughts. Watch a funny show on Netflix. It'll make your heart feel much happier ❤︎

-

I really really hope this post helped you in de-stressing and maybe even convinced you to just take a little time away and dedicate an hour to yourself. It will really help in the long run. Also, if anyone wants to talk, please don't hesitate in sending me a message. Though I try to keep my social media politic/issue-free, just because I want this to be a nice, safe, happy environment people can come to get way from issues, doesn't mean I don't want to share my concerns or thoughts. I really do care and I would love to talk to you guys about how you're feeling. I love you all and you are all in my thoughts and in my heart.

Xoxo,
Christie


3 comments

  1. Hi Christie, is that lemon cake with poppy seeds? Looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christie! this made me feel better already <3

    ReplyDelete