It's been on 2 or 3 of my inspiration boards..obviously I have been a little obsessed with a French, antique, gold-framed mirror for the past couple of months now and I am so happy to say you guys won't hear me obsessing about it any longer. Well, you probably will, since now I have one sitting actually sitting on my vanity table...
I was pretty skeptical ordering a mirror off of Etsy because I had never ordered 'furniture' pieces there and was unsure whether a glass article would make it through with delivery people literally just throwing it places (that probably doesn't happen but, you never know). So, I was so happy when it arrived, safe and sound.
I guess what inspired my craving of this mirror is when I stayed a hotel on the west coast. They had a vanity table and a beautiful mirror like this, making for the most comfortable makeup-applying situation ever. I wanted to recreate that area in my room since I do my makeup almost everyday and wanted a comfy spot since honestly...doing my makeup isn't my most favorite thing in the world, especially when I need to run out the door for class. This way, I can relax and...maybe feel like I am in Paris again.
I also thought that if I ever have a marble fireplace (hey, a girl can dream) that this would be the perfect mirror to put on the mantle with other decorative items. Would be so nice and classic, I think.
Also my favorite part about this mirror is the gold detailing. I didn't even realizes that roses, one of my favorite types of flowers, were etched on the sides until I took a closer look. I hope you guys won't get sick of the pictures I take in this mirror, hahaha! Anyway, I wanted to share this new addition with you because I am genuinely so happy about it. It truly has transformed my room, and it also adds height to that corner since my mirror was so small before. I promise, a proper updated room tour is headed your way soon. Can't wait!P.S. This mirror was from AssemblageCo on Etsy, they have so many beautiful vintage pieces.
Xoxo,Christie



Such a beautiful corner and mirror! Love it!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing such a wonderful post and visit decorative mirror
ReplyDeletemirror at Vibecrafts with a wide selection of wall mirrors, bathroom mirrors, and decorative designs for every home. Explore quality craftsmanship, attractive styles, and affordable prices to add both function and beauty to your living space.
ReplyDelete