Powered by Blogger.

mother's day with margiela



Explore the perfect gift for the woman that matters the most. 
In collaboration with Maison Margiela Fragrances.
I always remember admiring my mom's fragrances in her bathroom; after she put on her makeup she would do a light spritz of perfume and I would always swoon because it meant that my mom and dad were going out on a romantic date night. She would always smell divine, and I swear that her amazing fragrance collection led me to be the hoarder of scents that I am today. I can still smell the perfumes she used to wear. When I would snuggle in bed with her on a Sunday morning, my mom's perfume would be slightly faded, mixing in with the fresh laundry smell of sheets that now always reminds me of her, too. Our morning cuddles will always have a special place in my mind and in my heart. This Mother's Day, I might have to insist that we re-enact this moment, for nostalgia purposes of course. This little moment is why I chose this label for my mother, Debra's, gift, as it is a scent that reminds me exactly of that memory. I chose New York City because that is where my parents would go on these date nights, while my sister and I would stay home and imagine what fancy dinner place they were at.

                            

It can be difficult to find a fragrance for Mother's Day, but luckily Maison Margiela Fragrances has such a variety of scents that can make for a meaningful gift when connected to a certain memory. Lazy Sunday Morning was my pick because of the memory I chose, but there are scents like Flower Market and At the Barber's that can get the sweet message across, too. 

I am happy to say that I have converted my mom into a Maison Margiela fragrances type of woman--her personal favorite was Beach Walk, but I have a feeling that once I gift Lazy Sunday to her that she will fall in love. There is something truly special about thinking a gift out for someone, and when I tell her the story of why I picked it I hope she will be reminded of that memory every time she wears the perfume. She is the most meaningful woman in my life that I wish I could give her hundreds of scents. But I guess the other Mother's Day(s) will have to wait. 

Even though it's a bit of a ways away, Happy Mother's Day to all of you and your beautiful mothers, I hope this helped in narrowing down your search for the perfect gift. Shop more of Maison Margiela's lovely, nostalgic scents here.

I love you, mama.

 

1 comment

  1. This is one of your most beautiful posts, Christie. I love how when you work with brands, it is truly because you love them. I love how there is a deep meaning behind your choice of scent. What a sweet memory!

    www.aurepertoire.com

    ReplyDelete