Powered by Blogger.

top 5 makeup products

Though I've always been a skincare type of girl, makeup has really been bringing me joy lately. Maybe because I've had the time to spring de-clutter my makeup drawer and actually see what I'm working with. With that said, I wanted to write about my top 5 makeup as of late.


Yesterday I did a 'get ready with me makeup edition' on my Instagram story and was so excited about the positive comments back! I will definitely do more of those. And because of the amazing feedback, I decided I should do this post since I never really talk about makeup. I'm slowly but surely navigating my way through what works for me and what doesn't, and even though I wear the same makeup basically everyday, I've been trying to experiment with eyes, lips, etc. Anyway, lets get into the products I use basically 5 out of 7 days of the week.


I have always, always wanted to try this foundation, and thanks to a recent collaboration with Armani Beauty I got the chance! I was so excited but I also wanted to see if the foundation was truly worth the hype. Because seriously, how good can foundation be? Well, this is definitely the #1. It's silky, blends into the skin perfectly, and provides a flawless coverage without looking thick at all. You can build it up but one layer works wonders. I know it is pricy, but I could understand why since it is unlike any other foundation out there. I have become a big fan and it has making my skin feel great, even in this New York heat. 


I know you guys probably hear about this product all day everyday, so I will try not to bore you too much. It is the only thing I use on my brows and I love it. Again, since I'm not very talented with makeup, I need something that is easy and requires minimal effort. Boy Brow can be literally brushed onto your brows and it makes them darker, fuller, and very much model-off-duty.


I am a huge fan of Nars in general, so it is no question that they are my go-to brand for bronzers. They are all I have used in that department since I started doing my makeup. I use this with a bronzing brush everyday to give the sides of my face that natural, sun-kissed glow. It also defines my cheeks and I just feel like I look so much healthier and alive. 


Again, another Glossier product I'm sure you're sick of hearing about, but it's amazing! I use it after the Nars bronzer on my eyebrow bone (??) and my cheekbones. It is so beautiful and makes such a difference; when I catch the light in a certain way, my cheeks sparkle n' shine (not in the oily way.) It also makes me look a lot more awake, fresh, and creates a nice juxtaposition once blended against the bronzer.


I said this in my Instagram story yesterday, but I'm not normally one to splurge on a mascara. I always found that drug store mascaras worked fine and that you could spend your money elsewhere, like on a nice foundation. But the other day I kept going back to this mascara in Sephora, and, yupp, I got sucked into the packaging. I have also heard about this mascara and, again, haven't treated myself to a nice mascara in a while. With that, I splurged...but I am seriously so happy I did. It is the perfect mascara--it literally smells like peaches and instead of clumping my eyelashes, it makes them unbelievably long and defined. I don't even have to wear eyeliner anymore because my eyes pop with this product by itself. Yay, laziness!

Extra: Photographed above is the Armani lipstick in 500

I know it's short and sweet, but really hope you liked this post! Let me know what your makeup favorites are, I'd love to hear! And, if you've tried these products, what do you think of them?

Xoxo,
Christie


1 comment

  1. Girls and make up is like body and soul. Your post is as sweet as you. Your reviews are wonderful. I myself like rimmel and avon but this Armani silk foundation is something I would like to try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete